LAW AND LOGAN ENERGY AND ENGINEERING believes that effective health, safety, security and environmental (HSE) performance is a key objective, equal to all other key business objectives. An integrated HSE Management System has been established and will be maintained to achieve this:
Providing strong and visible leadership and commitment in HSE performance.
Setting policy and strategic objectives that support commitment to Compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and continuous improvement and take due account of industry codes and practices and any other requirements to which we subscribe.
- Establishing and populating a fit for purpose organizational structure for effective management of HSE and fully defining the HSE responsibilities of each function.
- Appointing management representatives who are responsible for and have the resources to implement this policy.
- Ensuring that all employees and contractors have adequate HSE awareness, skills and competence.
- Selecting and Managing contractors to ensure their HSE performance meets company requirements.
- Maintaining appropriate HSE documentation.
- Identifying health, safety, environmental and security risks to people, the local biodiversity and physical assets arising from LAW AND LOGAN ENERGY AND ENGINEERING, and
- Managing them to levels that are as low as reasonably practicable in line with our legal and other obligations and our strategy for continual improvement.
- Ensures that HSE critical facilities and equipment are fit for purpose and meet defined HSE and reliability targets.
- Controlling our activities and operations through the use of documented procedures and practices.
- Managing changes in people plant and processes to avoid adverse HSE consequences.
- Maintaining emergency preparedness to manage the response to mitigate the effect of and facilitate recovery from unplanned events.
- Monitoring HSE performance to determine compliance and keeping records in support of the HSE Management System.
- Recording areas of non-compliance and addressing these through corrective actions.
- Open reporting and investigation of all HSE related incidents.
All documented policies, procedures and practices will be consistent with this Policy and with the requirements of the HSE Management System. It is the responsibility of every employee to comply with these and to assist the Company in their implementation.